Astro photography is a unique part of the landscape genre, with its own challenges and rewards. This tutorial takes you below the tallest mountains in New Zealand, in a step-by-step breakdown of how to capture and edit images of the night sky.
What’s inside this tutorial package?
- 1 x HD 'in the field' tutorial video, over 16min in duration, covering night photography
- 1 x HD post processing video, over 40min in duration, where you'll follow along to see how I process one of the images I captured out in the field
You'll be downloading these video's so you'll have lifetime access; anytime, anywhere!
- RAW and PSD files for the post-processing segment
- Episode 'Show Notes' - a PDF document summarising all the important stuff covered in the videos
PLUS, you'll also receive:
- 1 x Exclusive 'Intro' Episode - Learn about my photography journey
- 1 x Exclusive 'Philosophy' Episode - Discover my photography philosophy
- Will's Words - A four page Glossary of Common Photography Terms put together especially for you from me!
What will I learn?
- A step-by-step approach to photographing stars
- Compositional approaches in the field
- How to focus your lens for night scenes
- Associated settings for capturing stars
- Shooting long exposures
- Blue hour exposure blending method - for less 'noise'
- Post processing techniques utilised for night scenes
- Layering masking and exposure blending in Photoshop
Learn the entire image making process, from the initial thought process, execution in the field and then follow along as everything is brought together in post processing. No need to fast forward through the tutorial searching for the real content, we get straight to the good stuff, beautifully filmed and covering off on all the essentials. PLUS, we’ve taken the notes for you, with everything summarised in the Show Notes.